How to Reset Philips Smart TV?
How to Reset Philips Smart TV – Philips obviously stands among the top main electronic companies in the world. With the slogan “innovation for motivation,” Philips is featuring innovative modern technology in every product. Philips Led Televisions feature the best modern technology to compete with other products in the market.
Besides the old-style functions, Philips smart TVs come with numerous modern settings. These devices care for Internet TV, online communicating media, on-demand streaming media, and home networking access. They even advance preloaded software applications that can be advanced or installed on demand.
How to Reset Philips Smart TV?
If you have familiar too many settings and wish to remove them, or if you can’t access the apps or internet or fronting any other minor problems, you can simply reset your Phillips smart TV to troubleshoot your problem.
To troubleshoot your problem, you can soft reset or hard reset your device. If you want to know more about resetting your Philips Smart TV then read this article carefully.
How to Soft Reset Philips Smart TV?
If your device has some slight issues like the calendar and clock, a Soft reset can simply solve them. It’s an easy three-step process.
- You need to turn off the device.
- After that, simply unplug it.
- Now, after thirty seconds, you need to plug it back in.
How to Hard Reset Philips Smart TV?
If you wish to eliminate all the customized settings in your tv, you need to perform a hard reset. A hard reset is a forced factory reset. A hard reset or factory reset will eliminate downloaded apps, systems data, channels, and wireless network settings from internal storage. How you can reset Philips smart TV is explained in the following steps.
Update the software
Now, before you will start the resetting process of your Phillips smart TV to the original factory setting, you need to make sure your TV’s operating system is updated. First, you simply need to check if the internet connection of your TV is working.
Now, to check the latest version of the operating software, and update it, you need to go to the MENU and choose “Software settings” options, and then simply choose “current software info”, and select OK. This step will stop device drivers from facing any trouble when the factory reset is complete.
Reset the TV to the factory settings:
- First, on the remote, you need to press the HOME button to access the menu
- Now, simply use your remote navigation arrow keys and select SETUP After that, choose TV SETTINGS
- Next, you need to select FACTORY SETTINGS and Press Ok
- The device will demand a PIN CODE. If you have not changed it ever before, enter the default code 8888 and select RESET
- Press OK
The factory reset procedure will start, and your TV will turn back to default settings.
Reinstall the TV channels
When the factory reset process is done, you need to reset your TV channels. You can reinstall your TV channels by below steps;
- You simply need to press the “Home” button to access the menu and from MENU, select SETUP
- Then, you need to press TV SETTINGS and select REINSTALL TV.
- Simply press OK
The device will start reinstalling your channels.
How to Reset Philips Smart TV without Remote?
It is pretty frustrating to function the TV without its remote. If your TV’s remote control is lost, it is damaged, or is not working, you got to push the TV’s buttons to operate it. Although it isn’t ideal, if you need to reset your tv without a remote, you can still do it. You just have to follow these steps and a mixture of buttons on your TV to reset it;
- If you have permitted the child-lock feature, you need to turn it off so that you can access TV control buttons to retrieve MENU, and press the VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN buttons at the same time.
- Now, to select from the MENU options, you need to press the “P+” or “P-” buttons and to make a selection from the submenu, press the VOLUME UP or VOLUME DOWN button.
- After that, you simply have to Press the VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN buttons at the same time and hold down for a while to go back to the main menu from the submenu to exit the MENU, you also need to press the VOLUME UP and VOLUME down buttons together a couple of times.
How can you Set and Reset the 4-digit Access Code?
Simply Follow the instructions below to place your PIN CODE:
- You need to take the remote and press the MENU button and simply use the navigation keys to select SETUP.
- After that, simply press OK the button to confirm and also Press the DOWN KEY to select FEATURES.
- Now, Press the RIGHT KEY, and following to that, you need to press the DOWN KEY to select the CHANGE KEY and push the RIGHT KEY.
- When the screen asks to ENTER PIN, you need to enter the universal code 8888. Then, simply enter your 4-digit pin.
- After that, you have to enter your PIN CODE a second time for confirmation.
If you don’t recall your PIN CODE, you can simply reset it by following the steps listed below:
- You need to take the remote and press the MENU button and simply select SETUP
- After that, you need to press CHANNEL SETTINGS
- Then, you will have to select CHILD LOCK and also select CHANGE CODE/SET CODE
- Now, you need to press the ‘OK’ button and simply enter the default code ‘8888’ or ‘0000’ or 3448
- Finally. You need to set a new 4-digit code and enter it two times
That is how you can troubleshoot your Philips TV glitches by resetting the Philips smart TV to its factory settings and keep experiencing the next level in TV viewing.
- How to Reset Westinghouse TV
- How to Reset JVC TV
- How to Reset Haier TV
- How to Reset RCA TV
- How to Reset Panasonic TV
- How to Reset Toshiba TV
- How to Reset Mitsubishi TV
We have shared everything about resetting your Philips Smart TV in this article on “How to Reset Philips Smart TV” if the info that we shared above helped you in any way then do share it with others.