Why Does My Owlet Camera Keep Disconnecting – Here in this post, we’ll walk you through the steps to troubleshoot connectivity problems with your Owlet Camera.
If that sounds like what you’re watching for, let’s head right into it.
Why Does My Owlet Camera Keep Disconnecting?
If you want to know more about Owlet Camera Keeps Disconnecting then read this article carefully.
- Download Spectrum App on Vizio Smart TV with No V Button
- What Channel is Paramount Plus on DirecTV
- How to Power Cycle Wyze Camera
Here are some of the Troubleshooting Tips in case if Owlet Camera Keeps Disconnecting:
Simply switch Your Wi-Fi Network Band to 2.4GHz
If your Owlet Cam keeps disconnecting from your Wi-Fi, odds are your Wi-Fi network is mismatched with the camera. The Owlet Camera only supports the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi band. Therefore, if your current Wi-Fi network isn’t operating the 2.4GHz band, your Owlet Camera won’t link to it.
But if the Wi-Fi network isn’t well-matched with your Owlet Camera, how then were you able to connect to it on previous occasions? This is because the router has mechanically switched to a 5GHz Wi-Fi network.
Maximum modern routers have dual bands (2.4GHz and 5GHz networks). These routers regulate which Wi-Fi network to link to by checking the signal strength of the two bands. They then connect to the Wi-Fi network with the toughest signal.
Possibly the 5GHz network lately produced a stronger signal than the 2.4GHz band, thus causing the router to connect to the former. For your Owlet Camera to maintain a steady connection with your Wi-Fi network, set your router to run on the 2.4GHz band only.
Here are the steps to simply change your Wi-Fi network to a 2.4GHz band:
- You have to enter your router’s IP address into a web browser.
- Now, you will be taken to your router’s web page and the system will request you to enter a username and password. If you’ve never visited the webpage, you simply have to enter admin as your username and find the password to your router’s web page at the back of the router.
- After that, you simply have to click on the Menu tab and then select Wireless Network Settings.
- Then, you need to locate the Wireless Channel section on the Wireless Network Settings page and search for the tab that comprises a list of the Wi-Fi networks on your router.
- You need to click on the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi Network option and simply tap Save to apply the changes.
Force Close and Reopen the Owlet App
Occasionally, your Owlet camera might disconnect or keep disconnecting from Wi-Fi because of a functional error within the app.
A fast way to go about this problem is to force close and reopen your Owlet app. Force closing an app will completely close the app on your device. Maximum times, when you close an app on your phone usually, you don’t totally quit the app as it’s still running in the background. But force closing will close it, with background data and when you open the app again, it loads up new, which supports fixing some errors.
And for iOS devices, here’s how you can force close an app:
- Speedily click the circular home button twice to open all apps. Next, you need to swipe left or right to find the app you want to force close.
- Now, you simply have to drag the app’s card up to force close it.
After you’ve force-closed the Owlet app on your phone, simply launch it back. Your Owlet camera should work fine now.
Upgrade Your Owlet App
If you are using an out-of-date version of the Owlet app, your camera Crataegus oxycantha keep disconnecting from your Wi-Fi network. This is because outdated app versions typically contain bugs that cause some malfunctions within the app.
Now, to resolve this, you’ll simply need to upgrade the Owlet app on your phone/tablet to the latest version. Here is how will be able to check and upgrade the Owlet app on your mobile device:
- First, you need to go to Google Play or Apple App Store and enter the ‘Owlet app’ in the search bar.
- You should find the Owlet app at the top of the search results and simply tap on it to continue the option.
- After that, you simply have to click on the Update button on the Owlet app page to upgrade your app.
If there’s no update option beside the app, it means you have the recent version of the app. Continue to the next steps—for more troubleshooting tips.
Update Your Owlet Camera’s Firmware
If your Owlet camera still disconnects from your Wi-Fi network after frustrating the troubleshooting steps above, your camera’s firmware might be out-of-date.
Therefore, you’ll need to upgrade your Owlet Camera’s firmware to fix the connection problem.
You basically have to check your Owlet App Home screen to see if “Cam Update Available” is revealed on the screen. If so, you have to tap the orange button showing “Cam Update Available” to update your camera’s firmware.
Restart Your Router
If the problem stays, another fix to try is restarting your router and this will revive your Wi-Fi connection and perhaps fix any error blocking the Wi-Fi connection.
You can simply restart your router by unplugging it from the power source. Simply wait for about 30 seconds and plug it back in.
If your router has a restart option, you simply have to press and hold it for a few seconds until it restarts and reconnect your Owlet camera, then watch to see if the problem is fixed.
If your Owlet camera just keeps disconnecting from Wi-Fi, just check your router and set it to run on the 2.4GHz network only and this should fix the problem. If not, you simply have to update your Owlet app and the camera’s firmware version as we have shown above.