Teckin Smart Plug Reset – If you are trying to connect a Teckin Smart Plug to a well-matched app/Wi-Fi is usually a seamless process.
Though, you might sometimes run into problems if you’re not familiar with the connection procedure.
Teckin Smart Plug Reset
- How to Reset Schlage Keypad Lock Without Programming Code
- Why Does My Owlet Camera Keep Disconnecting
- Download Spectrum App on Vizio Smart TV with No V Button
- How to Mount a TV on Stone Fireplace
Then you need to keep reading as I’ll walk you through the steps to fix connection problems with your Teckin Smart Plug.
In short, here’s what you need to do if your Teckin Smart Plug won’t connect to your home Wi-Fi:
- You need to ensure you’re using the right app—Smart Life App works fine.
- Simply check to see if you’re linked to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network band. If not, switch to 2.4GHz.
- You also need to confirm that your Wi-Fi network signal strength is strong.
- Simply check whether too several devices are connected to your router at the same time. If therefore, disconnect some devices.
- You also need to ensure your Wi-Fi network is password protected and confirm that you’re using the correct password.
How can you Troubleshoot a Teckin Smart Plug that Won’t Connect?
Ensure You’re Using the Right App
If you’re trying to link this device to the Teckin app, you might have lots of problems as the app exactly does nothing. The finest app for your Teckin Smart Plug is the Smart Life App.
Therefore, simply head over to Google Play Store or Apple App Store (depending on the device you’re using) and install the Smart Life App.
Ensure You’re Connected to a Supported Wi-Fi Network Band
Teckin smart plug only supports a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network, therefore if you’re linked to a 5GHz Wi-Fi network, you need to switch to a 2.4GHz network and try to connect again and to see what Wi-Fi network band you’re using, you need to check your phone’s Wi-Fi settings to see if you’re linked to a Wi-Fi network that ends with 5GHz or 2.4GHz.
You might also check your router settings and change your Wi-Fi network band. Check your router’s user manual for a thorough guide on how to switch network bands.
Check that Too Many Devices Are Not Connected to Your Router
Some routers do not permit users to connect more than 10 devices at a time. Therefore, you need to check the connection limit of your router and reduce some devices.
More so, you might not have reached your router’s connection limit, but connecting too many devices at the same time can cause connectivity problems with your Teckin Smart Plug. If you presently have several devices connected to your router, you can also try reducing some to see if that’ll solve the problem.
Improve Wi-Fi Signal Strength
You might also experience problems connecting your Teckin Smart Plug to Wi-Fi if your home Wi-Fi signal strength is weak. Though you can’t check Wi-Fi signal strength on your Teckin Smart Plug, locating your router too far from the device might cause weak signals.
If your router is located too far from your device, bring it closer to advance the signal strength. You might also consider getting a Wi-Fi extender to boost your network signal strength or reset and upgrade your router if needed.
You should try to link your device to Wi-Fi again to see if it works.
Ensure Your Wi-Fi Network is Password-Protected
As you might have seen during the connection process, the app will quick you to enter your Wi-Fi password to approve the connection, so you wish to ensure your home Wi-Fi network is password-protected and the connection will fail if your password is improper. So, you need to be sure you’re using your correct Wi-Fi password. If you’ve forgotten your password, simply reset the router and set a new password. Check your router’s user manual for detailed instructions if you need to reset it.
Update the App
The app (Smart Life App) might also cause connection problems if it’s outdated. If you’re still having connection problems after trying the fixes above, check for updates and update the app. If needed, uninstall and reinstall the app to clear internal malfunctions or so.
More so, you can simply check that your Teckin Smart Plug’s firmware is up-to-date. You can update your Teckin Smart plug’s firmware through the Smart Life App.
How can you Connect Teckin Smart Plug to Smart Life App?
- You simply have to Install the Smart Life App from Google Play Store or Apple App Store liable on the device you’re using. Next, you have to open the app and tap Login or Register. If you already have a Smart Life account, just log in. If not, you need to tap Register and follow the onscreen instructions to finish your registration.
- After that, you need to plug in your Smart Plug and ensure the LED light (on the Power button) is flashing. If not, simply press and hold the Power button (for a few seconds) until it starts blinking.
- Now, you need to return to the Smart Life app on your phone and tap the Plus (+) icon in the top right-hand corner. This will show you a list of all the Smart Plugs Teckin offers.
- You need to tap on the Teckin smart plug you have and then enter your Wi-Fi password and tap Next. This will take you to a screen that asks whether the LED light on your Smart Plug is fast flashing or blinking slowly. It should be flashing fast, therefore tap ‘is fast blinking’.
- Now, you simply have to wait for the app to scan and add your device. When finished, you need to rename your device and then just tap Done.
We have shared everything about fixing Teckin Smart Plug Not Connecting in this article on “Teckin Smart Plug Reset” if the info that we shared above aided you in any way then do share it with others.