How To Reset TCL TV – Electronic devices are a choice until they are working properly. Occasionally our electronic devices do not achieve as they are intended to. Therefore, we need a new start to resolve the recognized or unknown issue hindering our device from functioning properly.
Re-establishing the factory default is a way that takes you back to the default device setting and permits you to take a completely new start.
How To Reset TCL TV?
Occasionally you need to reset the devices for security purposes. For instance, if you want to exchange, sell, or return a device, you need to remove all your data and details from it.
Roku is an unbelievable piece of hardware that substitutes your cable TV and is an excellent entertainment source. If you want to know more about Reset TCL TV then read this article carefully.
How To Reset TCL TV?
There are numerous situations in which you might need to reset your TCL Roku TV, and a question pops up in your mind; how you can reset your TCL Roku TV?
- You wish to get back the original factory or default settings.
- You might face a network connectivity problem.
- Occasionally a lagging or freezing issue happens in the TCL Roku device.
- The harm of audio or video input.
- You need to alter the preference data.
- A black screen or flickering screen issue arises.
- You need to remove your preferred settings.
- You need to remove the account details.
A full factory reset will take you to the creative state of the Roku TV. It will consequence in the elimination of menu preferences: account details, personal data, network connection, and stored settings.
It also unlinks the device from your Roku account and eliminates all the apps and channels you formerly had.
There are two kinds of factory reset TCL Roku TV. You can use the reset pinhole or button at the back to reset your device.
The second technique to reset your TCL Roku TV is to navigate the screen and follow the instructions through the remote control. This technique of factory reset is also named a soft reset.
Settings Menu on TCL TV
- You can achieve a factory reset from the settings menu by navigating through the screen
- Simply Jump to Home Screen by pressing the “Home” option from your Roku Remote
- Simply Scroll up and down, and you need to go to the “settings” menu
- You need to select the option “settings” by pressing “Ok” and from this menu select the option “System”
- From the accessible menu choose the option “advanced settings”
You will find the following options in this menu:
- Factory reset
- Network connection reset
- Device control
- External control
By choosing the option factory reset a four-digit code will seem. You need to enter that code. By doing this you will have a message for confirmation.
By confirmation you will permit the device to go back to its original factory settings, all formerly stored data will wipe out and start over.
If you are selling your TCL Roku TV or giving it to someone else, your job is done. Though, if you wish to take a new start, you need to do some elementary settings.
At the very start, you need to pair your remote with the device. You will find the hopeful button of the remote inside the battery compartment open the battery compartment and press the button.
Once your remote is balancing you can achieve some basic settings like language, connection with the router, display settings, and account settings from the on-screen setup instructions.
Hard Reset on TCL TV
Another method is a hard reset which is by using the pinhole reset or hardware reset option. In newer models, there is a precise reset button present on the Roku device. Though, in older models, like 2016 and older, you need a paper clip to mark the pinhole on the device.
Remember, that the site of the pinhole or reset button differs from model to model. For hard rest, follow these steps:
- You need to locate the reset button or pinhole on the device
- After that, simply press and hold the reset button for a few seconds until a black screen seems
- Several newer models have an indicator light that blinks to indicate that reset is complete
You simply need to unlink this device from your account if you are selling this TV or giving it away to somebody else. To this resolve, you need to log in to your Roku account on the My Roku Page. Choose the option linked devices, and unlink the precise device you are no longer using.
Recovery Mode on TCL TV
Recovery mode is the current way to resolve the problems that may hinder the performance of your TCL Roku TV. Once you have strained all the procedures to rest the TCL Roku TV, and they did not serve the purpose, try recovery mode.
Some fresher models give the recovery mode. If you wish to check whether your model supports Recovery mode, go to the System Info page from the settings menu. You simply need to enter your model number and it will tell you everything about your model.
Now, to go to recovery mode, you simply need to press the reset button on the Roku Device and it will open up the recovery page. By following the on-screen instructions and in the end simply select the option “Update now”.
After trying all these approaches, if your TCL Roku TV is unresponsive, you need to connect with the manufacturer’s customer care services.
- How to Reset Insignia TV
- How to Reset Philips Smart TV
- How to Reset Westinghouse TV
- How to Reset JVC TV
- How to Reset Haier TV
We have shared everything about How To Reset TCL TV in this article if the info that we shared above helped you in any way then do share it with others.